Laurianne's Hope

Monday, February 19, 2007

St. Baldrick's


I have always wondered what it would be like to be bald. I imagine a warm breeze over a bald head, or rolling down the windows of my car and not having to worry about getting rid of tangles later. Unlike Laurianne, who loved her hair, I have never been as attached to my hair as it is to me. I keep saying that one day I will definately try it.

Yesterday, my mom told me that some friends of hers read this website, and that they participate in an organization called St. Baldrick's Foundation. (Hi, friends of my mom!) This organization raises money for kids with cancer. In fact, their mission statement is:
The mission of the St. Baldrick's Foundation is to raise awareness and funds to cure kids' cancer by supporting cancer research and fellowships.
In Indianapolis, they are having an event for St. Baldrick's towards the middle of March. I am hoping to get out to one of these events and see what it is all about. I am not going to shave my head this year though. I still want to grow my hair out for Locks of Love. But, to help raise funds for cancer, I would be willing to shave my head.

Just in time for summer, too!

Labels: , , , , , ,


Lung Cancer AwarenessPosted by Lynda (Laurianne's Sister) :: 7:20 AM :: 0 people are more aware
---------------------------------------