Laurianne's Hope

Friday, July 21, 2006

Blood Saves


Save LivesToday I visited a website, that I plan to add to the sidebar. It is a website that talks about donating blood.

In all honesty, I have never donated blood for another human being. I had a lot of bloodwork done as a child and as a result, I am terrified of needles. But I do know my sister, my brother, and my dad at some time in their lives, have donated blood.

Visiting this site today, it made me think of how important blood donation was to Laurianne when she had her brain tumor removed. They told her she needed a blood transfusion. An in all honesty, this was the first time I turned to my dad and the nurse and said, "I will give my blood if she needs it." Of course, with all the testing they had to do, it didn't come to that (whew!), and they had it on hand. Laurianne was really worried about the blood transfusion, because she didn't realize what it did - replaced blood she lost due to her surgery.

If you have had any body art done, i.e. tattos, or if you have had your navel pierced, giving blood is even easier than that. Your blood could save the life of car accident victims, people who have gone through surgery, organ transplant recipients, premature infants and burn victims. Blood is something the body can not handle synthetically. I have been thinking long and hard of donating since I saw how it helped Laurianne. I might ask my dad to go with me the first time when I am out in California. Be A HeroSo, learn more about blood donation. Consider donating. Visit bloodsaves.com today and find out how you can save a life.

Lung Cancer AwarenessPosted by Lynda (Laurianne's Sister) :: 7:23 AM :: 2 people are more aware
---------------------------------------