Laurianne's Hope

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ticking Off the Internet, One Blogger At a Time

Well, I stumbled upon a blog while I was looking for people who might be blogging about lung cancer. I have been following and commenting on recent opinion on a blog from a researcher in Boston. It is his views that Lung Cancer Alliance, an advocacy organization for lung cancer research, focuses too much on the non-smokers in lung cancer.

Dr. Michael Siegal, the author of the blog, criticized Lung Cancer Alliance for the work they did in November. My dad and I took part in a rally they held. For a little background information, Lung Cancer Alliance submitted a proclamation to the governor of California, and the governor's office changed the wording so that it became more of a anti-smoking proclamation than a lung cancer proclamation. Many of us with family members who did not smoke but have/had lung cancer were disappointed by this.

Yesterday evening, Dr. Siegal posted another reply on his blog. His opinion has not changed. My opinion has not changed. However, I invite you to take a look and form your own opinions on the matter. I wish I could find the original wording of the proclamation, and the new one, so you could see that as well.

As Voltaire said, "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Lung Cancer AwarenessPosted by Lynda :: 1:35 PM :: 3 people are more aware
---------------------------------------