Laurianne's Hope

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Worst Day

Last year today was the worst day of Laurianne's life. Two days after the birth of Calem, she found out she had lung cancer. Since November of 2004, her life revolved around Calem, even though he wasn't born. From June 7 until her death, her life revolved around Calem and lung cancer.

The road has been very long and hard, but I have met some wonderful people along the way, people I probably would not have met if Laurianne was healthy and well. In fact, I would probably still be thinking that lung cancer only happened to smokers.

Today I would like to point you to another victim of lung cancer, someone who also has never smoked. I have meantioned Lynne before, and I will probably mention her again. I think her post today is very important to think about. Often we take for granted our health, and you really don't know how well you have it until your health is in decline.

I also want to thank Mr. Fabulous. He dedicated a whole post on his blog to Laurianne's Hope. If you are here today visiting from his blog, welcome! I hope you will come back to visit, even though we don't update every day. And thank you Mr. Fabulous for showing me once again how fabulous you really are!

Lung Cancer AwarenessPosted by Lynda (Laurianne's Sister) :: 9:38 PM :: 3 people are more aware
---------------------------------------