Laurianne's Hope

Friday, November 25, 2005

Awareness Ribbons

Since my dad is away for Thanksgiving, I thought I would post something here for him.

Today my husband and I were crazy enough to venture out on the busiest shopping day of the year. I don't know how it happened, because we had planned to stay home, but it happened. We ventured into Target. Of course, Christmas stuff is out, and I was shopping for gifts. Shopping early for me!

Well, we pass by some ornaments and what do I see but Awareness Ribbons!! I am so excited. I can put one up for Laurianne. I go through them. All they have is Support Hurricane Katrina Victims (teal), Support our Troops (American flag-ish) and a Breast Cancer ribbon(pink). All proceeds went to the American Red Cross.

Afterwards, I felt dumb thinking they would have something for lung cancer. After all, why would Target sell a ribbon for the most misunderstood, underfunded and most common form of cancer?

Lung Cancer AwarenessPosted by Lynda :: 1:40 PM :: 0 people are more aware
---------------------------------------