Laurianne's Hope

Friday, November 18, 2005

I was just wondering

A couple of days ago we got a phone call from somebody who happened to be a smoker.
She told us that it was impossible to quit because the nicotine patches were too expensive. When I went to the drug store today, I decided to take a look for myself.

The patches were anywhere in between $50 and $60 dollars. Nicotine gum was about $30. This was just a small package, and I found it very expensive too. I am wondering how much money got spend a year on smoking related illnesses. As a RN working in a hospital setting I know it is a lot of money. I was thinking if they could make it a little bit more affordable for everybody how much money could be saved on hospitalization due to smoking related illnesses. Especially now in a time that health insurance is almost unaffordable for a lot of Americans. I don"t know what the answer is but this is something I was just thinking about.

Lung Cancer AwarenessPosted by Henry (Calem's Opa) :: 7:44 PM :: 1 people are more aware
---------------------------------------